How Does TestDrives2U Work?
If you’re thinking about arranging a test drive from home through us, but are not quite sure how it all works, it’s actually quite simple. Allow us to explain. In the past, when you wanted to test drive a new car, you would trek to the dealer’s showroom, look around at the different models and then organise a test drive while you’re there. Or perhaps call up and book in a test drive in advance. (If you can get through to a salesman that is.)
We all lead such busy lives now, that this isn’t always practical. You don’t want to spend a lot of your precious spare time at showrooms and who can blame you. That’s where we come in.
Now, there’s no need to go to a showroom to test drive a car. All the technical information you need is readily available on the web. Manufacturers, dealer and motoring publishers have all the information you’ll ever need. Before we go to look at cars for real we all have a shortlist. So when you have the shortlist down to one or two cars and you have decided what car you want to test drive, that’s the time to give us a call or drop us an email and we’ll do the rest.
We liaise with the closest local dealer and arrange for the car to be delivered to your home or workplace and you can test drive a car at a time and place that is much more convenient for you. When you’re trying out a new car it is much easier to try it on roads you know already, rather than less familiar ones. There are practical things you might want to consider as well, such as will your child’s car seat or pram fit in the car, or even will the car fit in your garage or driveway!
The car is delivered to you by a trained dealer partner who will be able to answer any questions you have about the car while they’re there too. We only partner with manufacturer approved dealers, so you can be assured of a trustworthy and reliable service.
The booking process is simple and we’ll even give you a call to find out if you have any special requirements for your test car. We then take care of all the arrangements for you so you don’t have to worry.
Best of all, the service is absolutely free.
Things You Should Know To Help Us To Organise Your Test Drive
• The address you would like to arrange the test drive from
• Test drives usually last an hour, which most people find is plenty of time. Some brief details of your existing car – this is to help us to get an idea of your preferences and make sure you have the best driving experience possible
• You will need a full UK driver’s licence and show this to the dealer in the normal way before your test drive
• Let us know after your test drive how it went. We want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly so we can make sure we can help you to end up with the right car for you
• If you go on to purchase the car after your test drive, please let us know. We provide this service for free and that is important to us. But if you go on to purchase a car after test driving a car from us we receive a small payment from the dealer
Meet our Brand Ambassador Natalie Pinkham
Like to know more? Watch this video from our ambassador and TV presenter Natalie Pinkham who explains it all.
Feel free to email us if you have any further questions, we’d love to hear from you.